Wednesday 20 May 2015

The story between Dota and me

If someone ask me why you are so fascinated in this game in which a little figure kept crawling in a gloomy picture with boring battles, I can show you lots of reasons, such as keeping fighting with enemies as a real man, pursuring a success with perfect teamwork, and pleasure of micro-operation in front of enemies. However, if someone ask when did you start playing Dota, I will fall silence for a time, because it was a long story.

The first time I confronted with Dota was about at my eight grade, when I was changing channels on TV wearily. A colorful screen came to my eyes, where there were some familiar heroes in this game to me which I had used in Warcraft before. After I had watched for a moment, I found it was a little difficult to understand because the heros' skills are too exquisite to know who had released that and the picture of game is a little somber making me feel depressed. However,  when I saw my friend playing the game several months later at vocatioin, a new idea came to my mind that why not have a try with my friends. At first, I always lost even with the help of my friends. Then they told me to watch some videoes to learn how to behave better and what necessary equipments I should gain for each stage.




Then it came to my long vocation between senior and junior highschool, when I was almost got addicted to this game. I played this game for a whole day without relax nearly. Yet, there came the moment when I finally realized the real meaning of the game, attributing to a talk with my team member. He asked me why we always play this game without boring. 'Because it is interesting enough.' 'No, becasue we are so lonely and losing and hold a illusion that we can gain success here forever, but this is not the real purpose of this game. Dota means die or try again, which is not asking you to play the game again and again but recommand you to go back to the real world then have a try again.' Later, I found that I am no longer addicted to the temporary escape of the game but face to everything in my life straightforwardly without heisitation, only play this with old friends for fun and for reminding us the old friendship.


Nowadays, I open this game sometimes to find some familiar feeling of highschool, but can not get that. The reason may be that the familiar friends are not accompanied with me anymore, and it is only me who still miss the period we have spent together long before. For me, Dota is absolutely not just a game but a symbol of old memory and symbol of my teenager period, which will be stored in my deep inside forever.

--by Chong Yao

No comments:

Post a Comment